Help

Forum >> Help >> Pop two levels of POT?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is this possible? I have this pitcher that just popped to 13 this week. He's been in the majors for almost two full seasons (16 IP at AAA in '40) and has made huge SI gains every season. I was just wondering since he's only 22 if it's possible that he might gain enough to pop to 14 by the time he's done? I have had other pitchers make huge gains and then just stop but they were a bit older.

Updated Monday, August 5 2019 @ 8:32:17 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha! Lovely greed. Is it possible? I suppose, although I can't recall ever seeing it in players from the old draft system. Most the time it was basically just one or two SI up that took players to the next level. Also, look at the guy's skills and scouting report. He's basically at the max already for those, so it would have to all come in the other skills. It's highly unlikely they're going to go up that much.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
LMAO... I honestly wasn't thinking about it from a greed standpoint, I was just asking because I've never really paid too much attention to players popping POT. I just figured I'd ask with this guy being so young. I mean, I have another guy that gained huge and then just slammed on the brakes so... But yeah, he's already blown away what I expected him to be in velocity, movement, and control PLUS he didn't gain what I expected in stamina or fielding. So I'm not complaining at all.
I'll try to reel in my greed. lmao
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I do recall having a veteran pitcher for a very brief period of time (might have even been the lost 2035 season) who was a 13 pot, but at his peak had made it to 120 SI. so it is possible, but that's the only one I've seen myself in 20+ seasons. Your guy looks like he might max before then, mostly based on his curveball being about what I'd expect on his scouting report. I'd love to be proven wrong though!
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Popping potential.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen at least one guy pop 2 POT, but it was pretty rare in the past. Might be more common with the new POT model.

Previous Page | Show All |