Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Management Tab Selections   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I just want to clarify the 4 right columns in the player management tab. When it comes for "pinch hit for left/right pitching" "pinch run for" and "replace for defense", is the selection that you make in relation to whether you want the specified player to be INSERTED into a game in those situations or REMOVED from the game in those situations?

For instance, if I have a power hitter who can only hit RHP, is super slow, and has terrible defense, would an appropriate selection for him be "x" on the LHP, "5" on the RHP, and then mark an "x" in both "pinch run for" and "replace for defense"?

That's how I understand those selections to work. I'd like to know if I have that right or completely backwards. Thanks!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Think it's better to call them checks for PH,PR etc.. Otherwise Xs are both enabling and disabling, which is confusing. (If that makes sense).

The settings are for the player that is in the game. So you may choose who gets pinch run for, but the match engine will select the pinch runner.

In you example, I think you got the PH columns reversed. This you want:

Pinch LHP: 5 (hits lefties poorly, PH ASAP)
Pinch RHP: X (hits righties well)
Pinch run: ✓ (slow)
Replace for D: ✓ (bad fielder)
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
very interesting. This could partially explain my pathetic offensive performance!

We'll just call it "cross training" and move on quietly...
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I had the running and defensive boxes correct, but I had the lefty/righty matchups flipped. Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |