Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league training vs. major league training.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got this pitcher, Chris Wagner, ID# 159823, who is a 25yo pitcher on my major league team. He has an ERA around 11.00. His skill index is at 80 with a 12 potential, so he has room for growth and to get better, i want to do that. My problem is that to finish filling out his training i have to play him, get him his innings pitched, but he's killing me when i play him. My question is if i send him down to the minors, will he finish out his training there...does minor league training grow at the same rate as major league training? For instance, if he gets say 30 innings pitched in the minors over the next few weeks, would he grow at the same rate as if he had 30 innings pitched in the majors? Basically, should i send him back down to the minors to finish filling out his training? At age 25 do you guys think that's possible or a good idea, or do i need to just get him his innings pitched in the majors where he currently is at? A very long-winded way of asking but i hope someone can give me a little advice on this, thank you.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Young pitchers always struggle at first in the majors, its part of the growth process. Wagner should be decent enough in time, but the fact he's only pitched 25 games in AAA after the best part of 3-4 seasons in A-ball and AA means (IMO) that he still has some room for growth there - he could pitch there for the remainder of this season and some of next and still develop just fine. He might do it at the big league level but his numbers probably won't improve much for the time being.

Previous Page | Show All |