Help

Forum >> Help >> Closer Struggles   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Im really stuck and need advice , a match like my last one is very hard to take http://brokenbat.org/game/920380, i want to punch someone right in the face right now, no prize for guessing who. I guess my starting pitcher is the same , he loses the win becausse of my closer who is now blowing saves every match. Funny thing is he was untouchable earlier in the season. My starter plays 8 glorious innings of 1 hit ball and passes the ball to the closer who proceeds to load the bases walk in a run then give up a GS. Should i fire this guy or am i overreacting. I dont think im over reacting as he has blown so many saves this year (8 in league alone) and i can promote my premier set-up man ellis (ERA 1.25 21.66 innings) so hes good. Some extra opinions are nice

Updated Tuesday, June 4 2013 @ 2:20:30 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I have no answers, but here's what I'd consider:

1. Elliot has a pretty average career ERA -- he's not the most effective pitcher, historically speaking.

2. He's also got a pretty big salary, so if you're looking to cut salary, that might be a consideration.

3. His WHIP, walks and hits given up are really good this season. So maybe he's has some value.

4. 24 saves, 8 blown saves...can you do better?

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |