Help

Forum >> Help >> Help please!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
giorgio_242

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi everyone!!! After a relegation from the fourth I am in trouble with the management of my team. Can someone help me please? I would appreciate if someone could look at my team and see on which players i can bet on or release. Thanks!!!
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
At first I couldn't quite believe you got relegated with a roster like this, but at the second glance...

The obvious issue I see is that your team can't hit. Especially at home. You have many high pot high SI bad hitters; I'd suggest to move them to backup and start your better hitters like Hunter, Dotson or Hollingsworth and definitely put Mikkelsen to start so he could improve and gain SI.
Then take a look at your ballpark and tweak it so it would suit your new lineup better.

As for releasing players, I think Goodwin probably won't bring you any good wins, and it's probably time to let go of either Cherry or Hinson, as they both are awful hitters and you don't really need the two of them as defensive backups. I guess I would keep Hinson as he's a year younger and better defensively.

Updated Tuesday, June 4 2019 @ 5:13:39 am PDT
giorgio_242

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you! What about my pitchers?
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Sp1 F.Medina Sp.2 C.Patterson Sp.3 D.Montrz Sp.4 D.Barton Sp.5 F.Arroyo Sp.6 W.Hendricks Lr M.Townsend Mr.1 J.Melton Mr.2 J.Calvo Lhs D.Roland Set A.Dougherty Clsr W.Foxx this is what I suggests 6 man rotation. 12 players on staff the rest cut or triple a.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Your pitchers seem to be pretty good. I'd probably tweak their hooks and pitch counts over the season if they're performing poorly.
giorgio_242

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the helpful suggestions. In fact the major issues I had with the hitters. With the appropriate tweaks and some cuts, I hope to have a positive season, at least higher than 500. In the fifth I should do it...
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll go more in-depth.

C: Nam has an ideal Arm for the position but hasn't played many games for any of his teams. He might turn into a decent hitter if you play him full time, but he's an extreme groundball hitter which means he'll hit into a ton of double plays. I'd use him as a backup and find someone else.

1B: Neumann is a really nice hitter and suited to lead off, but you're wasting him playing him at 1B - he'd been an outstanding CF or even RF with that Range and Arm, which will really help your pitchers too. Position eligilibity is not hugely important for the OF, don't worry about it. I'd probably play Farber here (see OF comments).

2B: Lemke has no Range for the position (ideally you want 15 or better), and no eligibility for 3B (which is important), so I'm not sure he's anything more than a reserve C/3B. Delgado doesn't have the Range either, he'd be better at 3B or 1B.

3B: I prefer Delgado and Lemke to Maki, who hasn't been that great (Delgado is a better version of Maki, though I guess one hits R and one L). Hebert isn't a 3B with that Fielding, he's best as a reserve OF but he can't hit. Hunter is your best option here, ideal defensive build for the position.

SS: Orellana is a 3B, doesn't have the Range for SS (you want 15 or better here too). Hopson lacks an ideal Arm (you want 15 or better there too) but is a solid fielder and can hit, so should be your starter.

OF: Put Neumann in CF. The rest? Burkhart is one of my former players :). He was good for many seasons but is age-35 now and declining, so I'm not sure how much value you'll get. Hinson just can't hit, so again he's a defense-only option and you don't need two of those. Sohn is another Plate Discipline-deficient player, and you have too many of those, although he's a decent OF option. Dotson is fine, though I'd probably play him in the one OF position you haven't (for an extended period), LF. Hollingsworth has a great hit tool but doesn't draw walks and hits way too many groundballs - you need less of those guys and some more power. Farber and Mikkelsen both have power but need more playing time, you'll need to find a place for them in the lineup. O'Brien would make for a reasonable defensive SS although his Range isn't what you'd want, but he'd probably be better at 3B - he won't hit though.

I'd have Neumann in CF, Dotson in LF and Sohn in RF; or you could play Dotson in RF and Mikkelsen in LF. Depends on pitching matchups too. Your hitting isn't bad but you need some better plate discipline and definitely more power.

Pitching

Dougherty is a strange one - pitchers with control issues are usually best avoided, especially those who are 'wild'. Yet his results other than BB:K are pretty decent.
I wouldn't bother with Townsend, no Velocity and no Movement means he won't be good at all, and last season's numbers won't be repeated over an extended period. Calvo and Roland don't look particularly useful but I quite like the rest of your pitching, really isn't much wrong with it.

Overall a pretty good team, just needs some tweaking.

Previous Page | Show All |