Help

Forum >> Help >> Season fatigue   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mojak81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Tried looking for this on the forum and didn't see anything. Though admittedly I'm not the best with forums, so apologies if I missed it.

I've noticed a trend with my team to fade at the end of the season. I guess not as much this year, it was one series that sunk us, but previous seasons they've played sub-500 ball for the last month or two. Now, I could very easily be attributing human characteristics to a computer algorithm, but I do lean heavily on my starters, both pitching and offense. A typical win from me will see 8 innings from the starter and either one or no substitutions in the lineup.

Is there a season-long fatigue tracker that doesn't show to us? Am I working my guys too hard? Or is it all in my head?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Could very well be just how the game goes sometimes. We've probably all had fades like you describe at one time or another, but if you're accustomed to lower leagues and less active owners, you might have reached a league with active, competitive owners.

The owners you're facing may be much more active on waivers than the owners you've been in-league with before. Their teams would get steadily better over the course of the season as they swap out their worst players for better players.

Active, competitive owners may also be game-planning against you. They may let the first cycle of the season pass and then check the trends in the numbers and make adjustments that let them surge out ahead of you as you head toward the finish line.

Like I said, it could be BB being BB, but it might be a call to step up your game a notch to compete against the people in your division.

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Or is it all in my head?

You are certainly not the first to observe / ask about this.

Many seasons ago Holmes (Manhattan) asked Admin if "regression to mean" was coded into the game. Ie., hot players cooling and cold players warming resulting in more homogeneous final stats.

The answer was no, there is no regression. But I sure think I see it sometimes. Perception bias maybe.

Previous Page | Show All |