Help

Forum >> Help >> Tanking?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey all,

I appreciate the conversation and the help that is available on this forum. I've got another question for you guys.

My team is incredibly old (especially my pitching staff) and my farm system is still in the process of being rebuilt. My team is pretty darn successful this year, however, and we are currently in first place in our division, which I assume puts me up for promotion next year.

My question is, would it be a good idea to delay promotion (i.e. start tanking) while I rebuild my farm system, or will it be okay to get promoted and probably have a much rougher season next year as my players retire and otherwise decline?

Thanks for the discussion, guys. Have a good one.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
One of the great things about BrokenBat (imo) is that there are few benefits of tanking.

Worst case you promote and get wrecked. But its possible your team, even if doing some rebuilding, could hack V.

Winning your division nets your team some prestige, and gives you a red or blue trophy on your history page. If you play a while, you may start to take some pride in your accomplishments.

The question may be moot at this point anyway. Waivers is closed. Free agency closes in a matter of hours. You are playing the cards in your hand at this point.

Looks like you are already working younger into the lineup. You have enough of a lead at present that you can afford to do this without jeopardizing your pennant. Could maybe even bring up Barlow or someone.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, really no point in tanking. It doesn't get you anything (except a lower gate). You'll get more money at the next level, minds well take the budget bump.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Irregardless of whether tanking is beneficial or not doesn't really matter. It isn't so whats the point and what would be accomplished?

A bad won loss record this season in div 6 and probably another bad record next season still down in div 6 where your players are even older. Thats what would happen.

Play your best players and let the cards lay where they will. Go up to 5, have a lousy season and get relegated back to 6. At least you can say you advanced.

This isn't the NBA or the NFL where having a bad record gets you a higher draft number and the chance to draft the better rookie players.

In BB you get nothing except the satisfaction that you managed the players that you have and they did the best they could. Good luck..
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not opposed to giving seasons up at certain times. However, never deliberately avoid promotion. You don't have to always fight tooth and nail for it, but never purposely try to prevent it.

Previous Page | Show All |