Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there any correlation between how fast or slow a player goes thru the minors and the eventual overall quality of the player? For instance if player A takes a total of 4 years to go thru the minors but player B takes 7 years, and everything else is equal, will player A be more likely to be a better player, or am i sniffing up the wrong tree here?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Every player has his own story, so I'm talking in general and based on my experience. No hard and fast rules.

I've found slow progressing players often have a harder time adding SI in the majors. Because of this, I feel slow growing players should have better-than-average SI coming out of the minors. A slow growing player that is behind the curve for SI is (IMO) a risky proposition.

Coming up short in SI sounds bad, but it doesn't necessarily mean the player is bad. I've had some of these slow progressing players come up short in SI proceed to have excellent playing careers. I've had other slow progressing players come up short in SI and be completely dreadful.

Slow progression is a red flag. But if their SI is good for their level / current skills are good with respect to caps AND they have good minor league numbers, there is reason to believe they can be good players.

Previous Page | Show All |