Help

Forum >> Help >> New Manager   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cicco76

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What do you think is best for a manager to have development points? or tactical skills?

My actual manager:
OFF- 11
DEF- 9
PITCH- 16
---
Player dvl - 9
Field dvl - 10
pitch dvl - 10

do you think it should be changed?

Thanks
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
In general, a team in VI division probably has more young players than average and benefits from having skills in development.

Further to that, a newish manager likely has more high risk / fringey prospects as they are a little easier to acquire. These guys benefit more from a strong development manager than top flight prospects.

That said, there are a few considerations:

- the manager pool gets refreshed once per season at the beginning; it's been scavenged hard at this stage. Not much there.

- you are in 2nd place 3 games out. A team pushing for a pennant, regardless of the league they are playing in, benefits from a good tactical manager.

- we have 4 training updates to go. They seem to be weighted, with the last update carrying a low weight (its pretty dreadful). The benefit of bringing in a strong development manager at this point in the season is reduced.

My advice:

- never hurts to look. If you can improve development without losing much tactics, or if you can improve tactics without losing much development, it is probably worthwhile.

- plan to hire a new manager next season when the pool is refreshed.
Cicco76

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you very much for your advice, now I have some better knowledge of the game. thanks again and have a nice day
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One correction. The manager pool does not get refreshed at the start of the season. Managers are released into the pool throughout the season. So you should take a look every day if you want to try and get a good manager.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Have you seen any managers added during the season? I'm not being facetious.

I've read what you described in your post on the forum previously, but I've never seen a manager added mid season. This season I've been watching the manager IDs like a hawk, and haven't seen anyone added since Marshall. He's been around for a while (manager 3 IDs back got a gig and has managed every game this season).

If you can show me the IDs of these guys being added, that would be great. Otherwise, I have difficulty advising people to check every day for new managers when every good new manager I can find has a hiring date that coincides with the season flip.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok. I figured out where they are.

This years new managers start around ID 3365 and finish at ID 3430. There are 5 IDs in that range that give "sorry, not available". So those are the guys yet to be released this season. If you go beyond ID 3430, you get a "sorry, does not exist" error instead.

So ya, check in every once in a while to see if one of those 5 is out there. There is a lot of manager transactions at the season flip, so I suspect the bulk of guys are available them.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the season flip is then the bot teams change managers. So there are probably more "new" managers available who are getting dumped by bot teams, but pretty sure all the generated managers are parsed out throughout the season. I don't think any are released on the first day.
tdawg1413

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a manager with 10's in each category. I switched to this guy. Better or worse?

http://brokenbat.org/manager/1970
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This season's batch of managers ran from IDs 3381 to 3430 - fifty managers total, as is the case most seasons. They were all created at the start of the new season but are only made available randomly throughout the season, sometimes singly and sometimes in batches of 2-3. You can still track them by ID number and find "this manager is currently unavailable" (or words to that effect).

edit: There are currently three still to be revealed from this year's batch.

@tdawg1413 - Definitely an improvement. Reyes' only issues are his age and salary, but he's certainly better than what you had.

Updated Friday, May 10 2019 @ 7:22:35 am PDT
tdawg1413

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks amalric! Funny enough, his salary is lower than the Mgr I had in place. So I feel pretty good about that.

Previous Page | Show All |