Help

Forum >> Help >> Very Cold Pitchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a pretty good season last season (my first) with pretty much the same players I now have. I had a 99-61 record and almost over took the bot team that finally beat me out by 2 games. I figured I would do ok this season.

I had a descent cup showing this season and my pitchers did ok until the team started playing the better higher ranked teams. Not a big deal. However when the other teams started beating me in cup most of the pitchers turned very cold as a result and that seems to have ruined this season and my team never really recovered. In the future I'm going to play the 2nd or 3rd team in cup to try to avoid the best pitchers from getting very cold.

Here's my question. The season is half over and my team stinks. Thats a complete turn around from last season where one of my pitchers had a no hitter! Any suggestions on turning this mess around?

All the pitchers are very cold and my team is now 18 games behind in 4th place with a 40-45 record. I would need to go 59-16 the rest of the season to equal what essentially the same players did last season and theres no chance of that. If I can get the team to .500 and avoid last place, I'll be happy.

I fully understand that half my team is 30+ y/o and once they get to 30 that seems to be the end for a player no matter what their attributes or experience is. Also, it really seems like once a pitcher gets very cold that it's near impossible for him to become hot or very hot. Very cold seems to have an extreme negative influence on a players performance and getting back to hot is near impossible if they can't win. It's impossible to win with a starter thats very cold imo.

In my experience very cold pitchers can no longer win or do good. Having an entire pitching staff thats very cold is a death blow to the season no matter how good they might be ability wise.

Why does being very cold seem to influence a players performance a real lot when they seem to have descent attribute abilities? I check the box scores and some of the losses were against pitchers that are very hot and their SI and numbers aren't as good the numbers of some of my pitchers. And, I'm not saying that all my pitchers are great, they aren't. I admit that they are other teams cast offs and retreads though and that might be a problem. lol

Since this season is a lost cause and my minors stink and half the major league team is or will be 30+ I think I'm going to cut all the pitchers and players that are 30+ and get younger ones off the free agent thing. Do a complete rebuild I think. At least doing that will give me something to do and be some fun because getting killed every game isn't much fun analyzing that. LOL :-)

Updated Friday, April 26 2019 @ 2:52:54 pm PDT
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
You could try to change managers to one that is good with pitching
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
:) I tried that already. Didn't help.

My new manger has 15 pitching. The other manager was geared to training. The new manager is lacking in that department.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My team has also done a complete flip flop from last year. There are a lot of random factors in the game, and sometimes your guys just perform badly. Nothing you can do but weather the storm.

BTW, Very Cold, Cold, Hot, etc. are historic information. They tell you how the player has done in previous games. They really only tell you that the player was on a cold streak, not if that cold streak is about to snap. If you take out your guys while they are cold and don't play them, they will never change status since they won't have any stats improve. The result of continually just taking out guys who are cold is that you will eventually end up with a team full of "cold" players. Put guys back in after after a couple days, don't just keep them out forever.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your team looks like it has the same record as mine. I hope you don't relegate down. Thats the only advantage that I have is that my team can't sink any lower. lol

I guess theres no need to cut my entire team. Maybe they will do better and maybe they won't. I agree, there seems to be something in the programming that might determine what kind of an over all season a team might have. Kind of like RL teams. Not a big deal.

I just think about and wonder about how different "things" in the programming influence teams and its players. Having a team full of Very Cold players would seem to indicate that things aren't going so well.

I was kind of taking those words as being something that actually hindered a player from performing good until it disappeared. Now I see that it's just a description of the past few games (I think it's 40 at bats for position players, not sure about pitchers) performances and doesn't necessarily mean the player will continue to be very cold or whatever.

Thanks for the insight again. Very helpful. I think that I will continue to look for younger players that have a higher pot. Get down to the traditional 25 man roster (15 position players and 10 pitchers) that RL major league teams are governed by. Then in September they can expand to a 40 man roster and give rookies a month to play. I have wondered why its a 30 man roster in this game. Probably makes things easier to manage. Thanks again.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
30 man is mostly because we don't have a DL. Steve gives us a few extra positions to be able to better deal with injuries and such.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That makes sense about the disabled list. It makes things easier and it works. It's understandable that everything from RL can't be implemented here. As is, the game is pretty realistic. :-)

Previous Page | Show All |