Help

Forum >> Help >> Management help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DallaszeekFan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hi i am new here and i need help with setting up my team so that they can play their best. if anyone could help me set up my team management and depth chart that would be appreciated.
DallaszeekFan
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to BB!

Do you mean in the "management" section?
Can you be more specific?
What exactly do you not understand?

If it's line ups and depth charts etc you want help with:

Scroll down to game strategy . It should be all there.

Also the newb guide.

hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the manager you hired. Pretty good find with him.

You should be giving Nicklas Lauridsen as many at-bats as possible, he is your best young player but only has 1-2 more seasons of development.

Your best pitching prospect is Marco Saenz but he's already 26. Make him SP1 and adjust your management settings to make sure he's allowed to pitch 130+ pitches per game.

If it were me I'd be trying to get younger and stock your minor league system. Cut your older, mediocre players and replace with younger prospects
DallaszeekFan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok so who should i release on my team to get younger players. I need help figuring out who i should start in my line up and pitching staff.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll make a review of your team. Its a strange one because I tend to think of most teams at your level as rebuilds but your team is currently contending and you do have some good pieces in place. I'll run through your manager and major league roster then lets see where we're at.

Manager: Palacios might be slightly better in some aspects than Bryan, but I'd advise against replacing an excellent teaching manager - hitting and teaching players to hit is arguably the most important aspect of the game. I'd consider switching back, or getting someone with a similar excellent teaching profile.

C: The most important defensive attribute for a catcher is Arm, and you want 16+ there for throwing out base runners. Neither Romo or Guerrero have that and neither can hit, so I'd look to replace them.

1B: Hunt is your man here, an All-Star, but I think he's playing above his talent level and won't sustain it. Still he's way better than the competition: French and Moody are both cuts for me. You want hitting and power here and those guys have neither. Wills has plenty power for this spot but that "never be a decent hitter" tag is something to avoid and its the reason his average is so bad. I'd replace all these three guys.

2B/3B: Quintana is a two-time Gold Glove 3B but he has some position eligibility at 2B, and has the ideal Fielding-Range combo for 2B so I'd play him there. He is 32 though so won't be around forever. You could play Wills at 3B until you find someone better. Lauridsen has never played above A-ball and needs to be sent back down to the minors - players are automatically recommended for the Majors but you should ignore that. Lauridsen needs to spend the remainder of this season and all of next getting as much minor league time as he can. His SI score is pretty high so he could still become a decent player in time.

SS: Cardwell is a 3B not a SS, doesn't have the Range or Arm for the position (you ideally want 15+ in every defensive attribute for SS), so unless you play him at 3B over Wills he's a cut for me. Hoffman is a decent SS but his development was spoiled by bypassing AAA, although he's still gaining SI at 28. You can live with a low batting average at this position for a good fielder.

OF: Pena is a very nice player to have in CF. Custer is a cut, can't hit and carrying a defensive replacement is something of a luxury. Moore is a backup at best. Valle should make a solid RF (excellent Range, decent Arm) but has never hit much despite his profile. Saavedra is another cut, can't hit. I'm not sure Crum is ever going to be good enough of a hitter. Perales is a cut as a glove-only 1B.

I've given you some idea what to look for for fielding at each position but sometimes you need to prioritise Hitting for hitters. Try and get great or very good hitters, with decent or prolific power if you can.

Your pitching is really good. Cottrell however is terrible, instant cut, and Lien gives up way too many home runs. Low control guys are usually best avoided but Cline seems to do okay at your level. Ho doesn't have much of anything, he looks like a cut.

Overall your majors are decent, I can see why you're up there in your league. Some better hitters and you could contend for the division. The only downside is that some of your best players are getting old, so you have to decide whether to keep contending or start rebuilding.

Minors

AAA: Gonzales hasn't played much AAA but he's almost reached his expected SI limit, so you could promote him and play him at 2B, and keep Quintana at 3B. Clarkson would make a good defensive 3B but I doubt he'll ever hit enough.

AA: Angeles is fine but Seidel is a cut, and none of Harrell, Peterson or Santos can hit, they all need replaced.

A/Rookie: Garcia is the only prospect worth anything, the rest are all filler and need replacement.

Generally look for hitters with positive hitting reports, better with a positive power report too. Then you can look for appropriate fielding for each position. For pitchers look for an out pitch report and no negative control comment.

Overall its a solid team but still with room for improvement. Change is best done gradually as opposed to all at once. You can follow the Manual for tips on lineup settings but if you have more questions feel free to ask away. Hope this helps.

Previous Page | Show All |