Help

Forum >> Help >> Management Settings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
When i go to my management settings and check out my players "pinch run for" and "replace for defense" the settings don't seem to make much sense to me. I've never set those particular ones so it must be the default/beguinning settings for them. I guess my question is is how good are those initial default settings for a player. Lets say i pickup or draft a player and then go look at his management settings right after i got him, will those settings make sense generally, or should i toss them out immediately because they don't, and then make my own instead? I'm a little uneasy changing anything initially because i'm not sure i completely understand it all, but if the default settings generally suck i'll dig right into it. Thank you. ]
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd go with your own.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Definitely go with your own. If you have guys who are really slow you may want to have them replaced by a pinch runner, BUT...don't have them replaced if your runner isn't a suitable defensive replacement. If you somehow have a 6 Speed SS and he's pinch run for, you might have to play a defensive inning (or two, or more) with an 18 Speed guy who has 5 Fielding and no SS eligibility. If it's like for like it isn't so much of a problem.

Similarly if you're replacing one of your best hitters with a defensive replacment beware that the game might not end and you may have to bat again...without one of your best hitters in the lineup.

I never use pinch runners or defensive replacements, perhaps because I've built up a decent roster after all this time and perhaps because I've been burned that way before.

Previous Page | Show All |