Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor leagues and player development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
So I just got my team and am doing a little housecleaning, and I noticed that I have several younger players on my major league roster that would benefit from developing more in the minors. I can tell I'm going to get addicted to this game and so I'm perfectly fine with putting some good players in the minors if it helps the team's outlook in the long haul. So my question is, is there a different between A and AAA, in terms of training? And if I have too many guys in the minors, will their training suffer?

And, as an aside, is there a typical age that players tend to retire at? It seems like all my players are near 30, and only a few years away from retirement.

Updated Monday, May 27 2013 @ 11:41:54 am PDT
nelson1805me

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The different levels of the minors correspond to the level of development of the player. An overmatched player in AAA that should be in A trains faster in A than AAA. Similarly, a player that needs more competition sitting in A will train faster if moved to AAA. If you go to Roster>Reassign Players there will be a tab to the right of the player description that gives the suggested minor league in which they should develop.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball

The scouting report will give you an indication of what level a player should be at and if he needs to move up or down. Also, on the Roster – ‘Reassign Players’ page, there is also an arrow that indicates whether a player should be move up or down. There aren’t age specific ages for each level, but after 25 years old a player probably shouldn’t be in the minors. Rookie ball is for the youngest players 16-18 year olds mostly. The other ages fall in between in A, AA and AAA.

Players don’t really retire, but their skills will degrade with age and they wouldn’t really be productive past that point. Aging effects vary by player, but after 34-35 years of age, don’t expect much.

Steve
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the advice. To follow up I want to ask one more thing. In my situation I have an ace pitcher, 26 years old, who is rocking in the majors but seriously lacks velocity. So I've set training to fastball, but is it more beneficial to send him to AAA to train or will he develop just as fast in the majors? The game is recommending majors. Thanks for the time, and thanks for creating such a layered and addicting game.

Updated Monday, May 27 2013 @ 4:38:15 pm PDT
OTT9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He doesn't need a fastball because his slider breaks 4 feet... keep him in the majors.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Some pitchers will never develop a great fast ball, but can still be dominating pitchers. At 26 yo, the minors leagues are probably not the place for him.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |