Help

Forum >> Help >> Speed and Base Stealing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Is it wise to put a + or ++ on all my guys with speed of 17 or more, or should i be careful with that? Or maybe just put the guys at the top two slots in my batting order with it, and maybe the 9th spot too? I'm looking for info on base stealing and base running because i'm not sure if i'm helping or hindering my team with my current situation of just putting a ++ on everyone with speed of 17 or above. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
They are two different things. Some quick players do not take the 3rd base coach's sign to steal in BB. Denvy has had players with 11 speed that like to steal and are good at it, while others with much higher speed never steal.

Base running is something to tinker with. You can consider where they are in the lineup and how aggressive you'd like to be. I always answer two questions for the base running setting: can this player stretch singles into doubles? Would I like this player tagging up on a sacrifice fly or holding?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In additional to batting order, I also take into consideration the success they are having. If they are getting caught as often as they steal, I dial down the aggressiveness. If they are successful all the time, its time to dial it up. I generally have a percentage success I shoot for, and moderate my players to achieve at least that success rate.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The opposing catcher has a significant influence on attempts as well. If he has a weak arm or incomplete position knowledge, your frequency will go up on a given setting.

The opposing catchers in your division are a pretty sorry lot (defensively). You should see decent frequency on "+" (assuming hidden variables are ok). As the others have said, can crank it up further if success rates are high.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That's good info gentlemen, thank you.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i wonder if handedness of a pitcher is a factor there also. LHP has a good view to 1st base compared to RHP...

what about some skills of infielder who tagging at second base..?

Previous Page | Show All |