Help

Forum >> Help >> What should I do next in this guy's development?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Gaytan is a talented young player who's sure to disappoint me. I think he's virtually certain to stunt significantly, but I've been trying to guide the most out of him I can because I think he can still be a solid player even if he doesn't hit his potential. However, I feel like he's at a tricky point in his development, and I'm a bit conflicted on how to proceed.

He's 26 now, and I planned to leave him down through the end of this season to maximize his minor league training. Lately, though, I find myself wondering if he wouldn't be better off getting called up and getting playing time. How much SI would he really gain from training in the minors this season? Judging by his history, it's likely only a few points. Even though he's gotten a lot of playing time every spring training since his draft, his career may be best served by getting as much experience as is practical this season.

Thoughts?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd probably just leave him down for 2-3 weeks. Definitely bring him up by the all-star break. Or just bring him up after one more week. I'd at least leave him down during the last partial week of spring training.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd call him up. Players still get training in the majors. At 26 you need to start getting some experience into him. Otherwise his maxed out playing career is going to be brief.

A little different than Rock777, but I'd call him up right away. Group stage of the cup provides more playing opportunity.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Imo:
I would have him in the majors now, playing every inning of ST, Cup, and in the starting line up when the season starts.
His minor career would be over if he was mine.

Edit: +1 Seca (posted while I was replying)

Updated Saturday, March 23 2019 @ 8:39:05 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Good point about the group stage. One of the reasons I wouldn't mind leaving him down for another week is because there is only one Cup series this week. End of the day, I think he will benefit from a couple more weeks in AAA, but that can happen at any point in the season. If you aren't going to use him much (maybe after the group stage), I wouldn't be afraid to give him a couple more weeks in AAA at some point this season.

If he is good enough to start regularly, I'd just bring him up and not worry about his AAA training.

If not, I've definitely had 26 year old players gain plenty of SI in AAA.

Updated Saturday, March 23 2019 @ 10:28:32 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |