Help

Forum >> Help >> young player development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cicco76

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys, what is the best way to manage young players in my club? When to move them from A to AA etc.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Class assignment is easy. Go to the Roster tab and then click on the Reassign Players tab. Have your minor league players assigned to the recommendations there.

There are a couple exceptions. Many owners believe the recommendation to promote players to the majors comes a few weeks too early. If they are younger than 26, you probably want to consider keeping them down a little while longer.

When a player turns 26, they're automatically given the Majors recommendation. This may not be the best thing for them. That's a case by case basis and hard to define. I will say that if a player has been recommended for AA or lower right before they turn 26, it's quite possible they'll never pan out. Most players don't gain much in SI after turning 29; I never count on more than 2, and even that's fairly lucky.

Updated Friday, March 1 2019 @ 5:21:28 am PST
Cicco76

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for your tips
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the age where players are automatically recommended for the majors is age 25, not 26. Also, if you're in doubt about promoting such a player try and ensure he has roughly the same amount of playing time at AAA as they had at AA (and A ball for that matter). Equal playing time across the levels tends to equate to good development.

Previous Page | Show All |