Help

Forum >> Help >> Damage to prospect promoted too early?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With the minor league season over and relegation looking more and more likely, I have been playing AAA prospects who may get the nod next season. This guy is probably my #1 overall prospect and has played 2 complete seasons in AA. Would playing him in a major league game stunt his growth as long as I send him back down to AA/AAA next season?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Should be fine. He has ample time to get in minor league reps for training in the coming years. As long as you actually plan to put him on the field when you bring him up.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't imagine it'll do him any real harm given we're not talking about a huge amount of games until season's end. He may pick up a point or two of SI, BUT...if he hasn't played at AAA at all is there really anything to gain? I'd leave him down. He has 93 SI at age 21, he's right on track as is.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If he is playing there is something to gain. Namely Experience. They only gain Training in the minors. If you get him some early experience, it will boost his skills. So when he does have enough training in the minors and is ready to come up his skills will be slightly higher. Other than the small salary bump I don't really see any issue with bringing a guy up as long as you are confident he will get all his minor league training before he turns 25.

Updated Tuesday, February 26 2019 @ 6:14:18 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |