Help

Forum >> Help >> When to switch managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm unsure how much a manager's attributes actually help the team win. My current manager is above average with hitting and pitching and has been with the team for the past 4 years. In those years he has found good success but has never gotten us over the hump to a division title. I notice the same trends every season as well. Our pitching is usually the backbone of the team and the offense can never generate enough runs to pull it out. Now some of that is definitely my team's composition, but I wonder how much our manager contributes to this and if a switch to a more offensive minded manager could propel us to a pennant. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Managers make a pretty big difference, but you already have a manager who is good at offense. If you find someone better, its always a good time to switch. Just be aware of these factors:

1) Managers take about 5 seasons of Experience to reveal their skills. Managers with 0 years experience are far from revealing their true abilities.

2) The experience bug setback the reveal for managers. Despite his years of tenure, your manager only has 3 year experience, so he still isn't showing his true skills.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
When to switch managers

Anytime you find a guy who is:
- better
- equivalent but cheaper

I'm unsure how much a manager's attributes actually help the team win.

Hope you don't think me obtuse for this. Teach a man to fish moment. :)

Most questions that get asked in this thread can be answered by looking at the top teams and seeing what they do. When I was back in V I studied Thunder Bay to see what made them successful. I learned a great deal.

If you click through the 12 managers in Legends you will see a pattern, and the manager skill most of us feel has the greatest impact on game performance (pay particular attention the managers making 7-8 million).

Previous Page | Show All |