Help

Forum >> Help >> Anyone have any ideas...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why this guy has been so bad. Yes, I know it's very early into this season so it's not like I'm going to be cutting him any time soon. But holy mother of hell... Am I missing something? Reading his stats wrong? I know he's pretty much done growing and I know his fielding numbers are a bit on the high side. I didn't worry about his CoS because he doesn't throw a changeup. So it's not like I was expecting Cy Young but I didn't expect him to be THIS bad, either. I figured I scored a pretty good 14POT pitcher. Turns out no so much... Not yet at least. Anyone have any insight as to why he is performing so poorly?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen a few guys like that before. Nice GB/FB but still giving up a lot of HR. Looking at his Ks, I'm guessing he might have more Velocity than his ratings show.

He reminds me a little of Burnett. Some guys just don't work out regardless of how they look on paper.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe players can go through prolonged stretches of poor form. If he was mine, I'd bury him fairly deep to in the bullpen for a few series. When he starts to pitch better coming out of the pen, I'd move him back to the rotation.

He's got a bit of a high HR rate. He should be able to cope with that if he can get his whip down. He may be the kind of guy who needs some DPs turned behind him. That would be something I would watch in his starts. When there is a guy on 1st and he gets a ball on the ground, can you turn it. Sometimes a pitcher doing poorly is symptomatic of a problem elsewhere.

Unrelated. I liked the Cagle signing. Had him on my watch list, but you moved on him before I made up my mind. Hope he works out for you.

Previous Page | Show All |