Help

Forum >> Help >> player salary   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My payroll is exploding and it's bankrupting me. My best players are all too expensive to keep. What determines a player salary...i've got a few players where last year they had a salary around 1.5 million to 2 million, this year it more then doubled. Others, their salaries only inched up a little. How is this stuff determined...is there a way to see it coming? I'm already in League 6, if i can't keep my better players, i won't ever move up to league 5, or at least not till my minor league starts to produce decent players, which is years away. I just want to get my head around how this process of deciding player salaries works. Thank you!

Updated Sunday, December 30 2018 @ 9:08:30 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Salaries are determined by a combination of recent performance (last 3 seasons I beleive), and League Level. Your League Level is low, but that gets offset by the fact that your players perform well against weaker competition. Your veterans are always going to get paid more, and you have a LOT of older veterans.

34M is not really that bad. Do you have your stadium setup to maximize profits? I generally try to set ticket prices so I am only selling out ~10 games per season.

As I said, you have a lot of old players. So you should either be going for it all this year, or dumping salary. If you are going all in, then just make sure you have enough funds to stay in the green until the end of the season, and don't worry about finances this year. A few of those guys are probably going to have to be retired next season anyhow, which will drop your payroll back down. If it looks like you aren't going to be able to stay on top, you could save some money by cuttings these guys early.

A LL-VI team really should concentrate on youth so it can have a solid core of players to build on when in promotes. If your core is retiring as you advance, what is the likelihood that you will be able to stay up in the higher league?

If you are pushing for advancement this year, then I would keep anyone you think helps the team this season. Otherwise, I would consider dumping most of those 30+ guys who are costing you more than 1M and finding younger talent you can nurture into a solid players.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Much obliged.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
To add more info, i did advance to League 5 once-two seasons ago-, and i was by far the worst team and was sent packing down to 6 by the next season. Last season, back in League 6 again, there was 4 bots in my division, so it was between me and 1 other guy basically. He won the division, moved up, and here i am again this season with 4 bots and 1 real competitor again. I could probably win the division this year, but if i went up to league 5 i think i would just get hammered again and sent back down to 6 by season end. So, i think i'm gonna cut my expensive guys, most at least, and try to get as much playing time for my young guys with decent Potential. So to recap what i'm saying, the first time i was faced with this situation, which i just outlined above, i went for winning the division and beyond...won the division, advanced and got thrown back down with basically the same situation all over again. This time, jettison most the old and expensive, go long term...I guess....lo! Thanks for listening.

Updated Tuesday, December 25 2018 @ 11:33:24 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like a good plan. Especially in light of your most recent bounce.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I spend a lot of time scouring the waiver wire looking for that "diamond in the rough" or maybe someone that got waived by a computer team, someone who is in that 25-28 range , who is getting close to busting out maybe. It seems when i finally find one or two who manages to become a really good player, suddenly i cant afford them. Are the players that i drafted, raised up thru the minors, and then went on to join my major league team just as apt to have their salary explode? Or is it cheaper to keep long term players that come up thru your own draft/ minor league?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You get a loyalty bonus from players who are in your system for a long time. You notice if you fire one of your old guys, their asking salary will be a lot higher than what they are currently charging you.

So yeah, its a little cheaper to use your system guys. Also, if you let a few older guys go, you should be able to afford some of the new guys.

Previous Page | Show All |