Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor League Playing Time & Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I still don't think I fully understand how minor league players are assigned playing time and get training. This is from the Manual:

"Minor League Games: Minor leagues games are played between randomly selected teams of players from a particular minor league level. There will be games played for all four minor league levels (Rookie through Triple-A) during each minor league game date. Game results are incidental, but statistics are collected for each player and those can be a good indication to the player's development."

Sebastian Gomez spent a full year in AAA, but only played 74 games and got 148 AB. In the "Minors" tab, I've listed him to train at catcher. Meanwhile, Jaime Garcia spent a full year at AAA (with 7 games for the big club thrown in there), and played in 140 games with 346 AB. He's listed as an outfielder.

How did Gomez get only around 50% of his possible AAA playing time and experience? Is it because he's trying to train as a catcher? I don't remember him being injured. Does a lack of playing time hurt his development? Benito Alcantar also seems to be falling short of expected playing time for a guy that spent the full year in AAA.

Is it because my AAA is fairly crowded? I think I remember reading opinions in the forum that a crowded minor league won't matter, because of what's stated in the manual: "Minor leagues games are played between randomly selected teams of players from a particular minor league level." Does having overlapping or crowded players at any particular level matter?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Lack of playing time should not effect development. Some times guys get picked a lot, sometimes guys end up on the bench. Worries about that.

Crowding doesn't effect development.

jakala2018

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

Nice info !

Previous Page | Show All |