Help

Forum >> Help >> Concerns   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i need help my team is second to last with
-43 run diff i'm not sure whats wrong with the team it looks okay to me on paper but we just don't score can someone please take a quick look if it isn't to much trouble.

thanks
Ajanirr13

Updated Saturday, November 10 2018 @ 2:44:07 pm PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like you're hitting just hasn't warmed up yet (and I know how that feels) but I'd give it time. The young guys look to be coming along okay, but there are a few things: Lozano and Monti don't offer anything, and your other 3B Wood doesn't look like much of a 3B (I'd play him in the OF). Contreras shouldn't be much of a SS but seems to work okay going off his numbers. Whitt is a fine defensive catcher but has no bat, so I'd look to replace him. Hopkins power will come back. Hanson would have made a nice 3B but isn't cutting it. You really need some better hitters, or the youngsters to come on quick (which won't happen quick enough, looking at them). There's definitely areas to improve.

I have more questions with your pitching - Wilson, Kobayashi and Beard are all instant cuts for me. You have way too many pitchers with control issues; Cole has no out pitch; Pierce is terrible. Your lack of runs wouldn't be as much of an issue if you weren't giving some away on the other side of the plate.
jakala2018

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. My team is exactly at the same road as yours ajanirr. I am sinking to the bottom second at IV.8 League.

Btw do Veteran players play alot better than Professional at field? Or it just a title/cosmetic? Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its mostly cosmetic.
jakala2018

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice info.
Thanks
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@ OP

You are lacking range at key defensive positions (CF, SS, 2B). 11 is not a good number.

I'd put Woods at 3B. I'd move Lee to RF, Hopkins to LF. Cut Doll and find a CF with good range (17+). Find a SS and 2B with 16+ range and some fielding (Black would be a better option at SS for now, but his fielding will hurt. If you are willing to do a major retool, Black should probably move to the OF)..

Seems counter intuitive when it feels like hitting is the problem. Offence always blows hot and cold. Defence is more consistent. Gives you a better chance to win on days the bats don't show up.

I didn't look at the pitching, but a little more defence will help whoever is on the hill.
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you all for the advice but I cant find any good free agents and I'm not sure how the waiver works but i only won 2 players advice and definitely don't see any good pitchers
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just put in lots of claims. There is no penalty or downside to making a waiver claim (assuming you want the player). The more claims people put in, the less likely you will win. But sometimes you will get lucky and win a good player with lots of claims. You decided who you want, then just wait for the die roll to see if you won.

The majority of my team is from waivers (mostly just because I have such bad luck in the draft).

Also, ignore the "gain a player" text. It is wrong. Drafting has no relation to claiming waivers. You can only draft one player per week, but you can claim as many waivers as you like. Claiming a waiver does NOT prevent you from drafting as the text implies.

Updated Monday, November 12 2018 @ 2:17:07 pm PST
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you guys so much jumped up 2 places and I now know what to look for

Previous Page | Show All |