Help

Forum >> Help >> Managing Major League and Triple A roster   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TPS

Dallas Dragons
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm getting to the point where I have several older players who are blocking my 24 and 25 year old triple A players. How do you manage playing and keeping players that might be useful for only two years over a player that might not be good for a few years?
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Most owners get their farm players comfortable playing at two positions. I had a third baseman play until he was 38 years old and was still a 14 potential at age 35 and regularly winning a gold glove. His replacement? I put him in left and right field, and he stayed there until he was 31. I drafted both of the players, and both of them had third baseman builds. You can also use first base or designated hitter as options for those blocked players, and field them for the Cup games instead of the starter that is blocking them.

http://brokenbat.org/player/103126

Updated Friday, October 12 2018 @ 3:40:40 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
This is where you earn your money as the GM.

We are still feeling the crunch from the double training blip at the beginning of 2034. (My 1st round pick of '34 heads to the bigs this season, so I feel like we have almost worked our way through it). The logjam is likely still a little worse than usual.

When to promote is largely controlled by your season expectations. Promoted players almost always play worse then the veteran they replace. If you are contending for the pennant, you may want to delay promotion.

The other factor is the quality of the prospect. Bringing up a blue chipper when ready may supersede team goals.

Middle tier prospects may have to wait at AAA. Don't see any harm in that. I've had several guys chilling at AAA that are ML ready.

Eventually you roster crunch and it forces your hand. I see you are at 50/50. You have a 14 pot 3B prospect and a 33 year old 3B. If you are in the pennant race you may want to keep the 33 year old. If not, it makes sense to cut him and bring up the prospect. Keeping both may mean a prospect elsewhere gets the ax.

These are the types of decisions major league clubs are making right now as they have to clear space on their forty man rosters for DL guys and to protect for rule five. Sometimes they make significant mistakes. Eg., Muncy.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the quick responses. I definitely have a few tough decisions for the next couple of years, so I definitely have to prove my GM skills starting this year.

Previous Page | Show All |