Help

Forum >> Help >> Money   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
maglor1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Currently, I'm super broke. I've already lost 6 million this year. Is my team too expensive? Am I not making enough money? What's the problem?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You've got expensive players and your ballpark is kind of big for VI. I think you should be able to change your ballpark right now as you've joined recently.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Yep, that looks to be the issue. I’m not sure how much you can do about salary right now due to release restrictions, but if you can modify your stadium, looking at your current attendance trends, taking it down to about 20,000-ish should help a lot.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Losing $6M to this point in LLVI is really, really bad. Your ballpark will be costing you money - attendance only reaches certain levels at any League Level (league 6 in your case), so there is no point in having a huge stadium as those empty seats will never get filled and it costs you to pay for them (this is all in the Help link at the top of the page).

Your main problem I see is that you have five players each making $2M+ and two more making $3.25M+...those guys are taking up way too much money, and five of them are 31-years old. Your entire team salary should be around what those guys make combined. They're good, but will they help you 1-2-3 seasons from now?

So now you have to decide: do I want to try and promote for short-term gain, or do I want to get rid of the old guys, start banking up cash reserves (which you'll need at higher levels), and start over for long-term gain?

If you can cut a couple of the older guys and break even and still contend for promotion, that is something else to consider. But you look to have some decent talent in the minors, so I'd look to the long-term. Back in 2030 I promoted with a bunch of old-timers, knowing they were all moving on and I would be demoting again in 2031 (which I did) when I brought in my youngsters. Those kids got valuable playing time in 2031 in what was essentially a lost season and now form the core of my team, a core which has enabled me to promote twice.
zonablazer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Money means nearly nothing, though, yeah? Other then not being allowed to go totally broke.....?

Previous Page | Show All |