Help

Forum >> Help >> Backups during Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've put up with this for a long time without saying something. How in the heck do I get the AI to honor my backup selections for my Spring Training lineup? It very rarely does, and it pisses me off!

Two examples:

1. I have Purcell as the primary SS and Swenson set as the backup. It consistently doesn't bring in Swenson but subs in O'Shea. I don't want O'Shea playing SS. I don't want the AI to put him in at SS as the sub, even if he has big SS, when I already am trying to tell it to sub Swenson in.

2. I have Humphrey as primary at 3B and Ferry set as the backup. While Ferry isn't all that great at third, the AI consistently wants to bring in March, who is even WORSE defensively. I don't want March playing 3B. I don't want the AI to put him there; I want Ferry in as backup.

It's really getting my goat, even if Spring Training doesn't mean anything competitively. I have specific guys I want to get reps. I don't want the AI subbing someone undesignated in unless both my primary and backup are hurt.

Steve?

Updated Friday, July 27 2018 @ 3:54:30 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your backups are only for injuries, not in-game substitutions. I know it's maddening. You have no control. That's why I just rotate players in and out of the starting lineup and let them play whole games. It's the only way to have any say in what happens.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Frustrating indeed. Thanks Mike. I'll just do the same, setting them to play nine and swap them out.
solace36

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks also MM.. Maddening also because if you force the 9 inning play as you suggest and he is injured, the AI may have already placed your backup elsewhere.

This process is harmful to the overall game. In fact it's absolutely detrimental! It may well build experience to another player you don't desire have it and also deprives players who need the experience from receiving that valuable play experience.

Previous Page | Show All |