Help

Forum >> Help >> secondary position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
malachi0325

Apex Dodgers
VI.14

Broken Bat Baseball
How do I train a play to have another position besides his regular one?
Hatleyville

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Go to the Minors page and select the position you would like them to play in the drop down box.

You can also put them in your lineup at the desired position for spring/cup/league games if you'd like to gain experience.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fair warning, it can take a a couple seasons to learn new positions even to the "lowercase" level, so if you're referring to a guy already in your Majors you might want to reconsider. For instance, from the time i took over my team, i started Soria at SS. It took him about 200 games to get his ss (lowercase).

My team defense suffered as you can see from his FP%, but with how young he was, it was worth it to me.

in the minors there is no real downside to teaching a secondary position, but because it can take so long, make sure you commit and spend time learning how Fielding development works (utilizing the scouting report) so you aren't wasting position training and building a guy that has a lot of games at a bunch of positions and no Primary position. Like Beasley (whom i inherited).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Worth mentioning that this is one downside. Primarily that they won't be playing as much in their position. In some cases this can result in the lose of skill (or just not an improvement). The way Steve has it setup now they seem to do a decent job maintaining their level, but just be aware that they can suffer in training their primary position. This is why I usually try to stick to just two positions per guy.

EDIT: For example, if you have a guy with a Capital SS who is fielding .920, its likely he could still benefit from training his primary position. The Capital letter isn't the max, its just the max that is shown on the position graph.

Updated Thursday, July 26 2018 @ 5:08:53 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |