Help

Forum >> Help >> Off my rocker?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Am I insane to try to teach this guy to play catcher with absolutely no prior experience?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not at all. Strangely, Broken Bat doesn't punish non-catchers harshly for sitting behind home plate all game. Throws right, hits left, 18 arm with 11/11 fielding and range so he has no where else to go. I'd do it with that guy for sure.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok great! I have already been under the impression that having a player with no catching exp. behind the plate can really hurt your pitchers performance.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't really noticed, and I've tried a few options - anyone with a killer arm will do, and a bat obviously helps. Whether these guys actually hurt your pitching if they don't have catcher eligibility, I don't know.

What I do know is that a good arm at C is very important. Even a lefty thrower behind the plate can work, as I've seen in the past with Mojo and now with O'Conner, though obviously I'm hoping the latter doesn't hit .209 (or below) again.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Beasley just got his little c mid of this year. His fielding a C was far better than anywhere else considering his atrocious fielding (see minors for more data). This dude started all over the place before i got him and started permanent move to Catcher.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
You'd be far better off trading him to Missoula and finding someone else to play C for you..........

But in all seriousness, that's exactly what I'd be doing with Usami, its essentially what I'll be doing with Gardner
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Lol, I'll gladly trade him for Ramon Estalella. Maybe I'd even throw in a little something else.

But in all seriousness. Dang it man, I wanted Gardener myself.

Previous Page | Show All |