Help

Forum >> Help >> Player/Salary timing clarification   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Steve - I think you've answered this before but I can't find it again. I want to reduce my team salary but am not sure of the best timing. I know the tool posts finances on Friday but is that when the roster is looked at for assigning salaries? I have been assuming the system looks at all players on Friday and "pays salaries" for the week ahead. IF that is true, then I could drop a $1 mil player on Saturday and drop another $1 mil player on Wednesday and not realize a savings for that week of play. BUT...I would see the saving show up on Friday for the upcoming week of play. Is that correct? Or will I start saving right away if I drop those two $1 mil players on Saturday? It seems like the best timing would be to make all cuts on Thursday night if I want to get as much play out of my soon-to-be-cut players....true? And isn't it true that I don't save ANYTHING if I place those two $1 mil players in my MINORS?

Thanks so much for all you do! Dwayne
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Salaries for each player are set at the beginning of the year.

Each Friday, the salaries are totaled and charged to each team during the financial update. Since there are 10 financial updates per season, a player making $1M will cost you $100k every Friday (or $1M per season).

Hint: the optimal time to cut salary would be after Thursday's games, but before the financial update.

Steve
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |