Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching -> Energy/Fatigue   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, can anyone explain what's represented by the "Energy/Fatigue" column in the "Pitching" link?

Specifically:

1) I'm guessing that players with very few stars should be rested more. Is that correct?

2) Also, is the number of stars shown, a measure of _current_ energy, i.e. energy that he will have in the next game? Or is it a fixed value, representing the capability of a pitcher to play long games without getting tired too fast?

Thanks a lot in advance from a currently very fresh BB adept.

EDIT: I couldn't find the answer to the above in the "Help", which doesn't mean it's not there and I just missed it. If that's the case, pointing me in the right direction to find the answers by myself by reading about it will be all I'm asking for.

Updated Monday, July 2 2018 @ 6:25:19 am PDT

Sorry, one more EDIT: If I have guessed correctly, that the number of stars is the current energy level of a pitcher, does the number of stars affect the pitcher's performance? Or is it only important once the number of stars drops to none?

Updated Monday, July 2 2018 @ 6:36:14 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

1) I'm guessing that players with very few stars should be rested more. Is that correct?

First, I'm a bit confused by your nomenclature. I don't see any "stars" on either the Pitching screen or the player profiles. Maybe you mean bars?

Pitchers have "Stamina." Here's a pitcher I claimed on waivers last night as an example: Joey Strickland

Joey currently shows a Stamina of 9. The bars help give you a better visualization of progress. The numerical range for Stamina (and the other blue attributes) is 0–20. General rule of thumb (for me) is a pitcher with a 10 or less stamina won't last too long in games as a starter, meaning fewer quality starts (meaning more often than not he'll pitch less than six innings).

Another general rule of thumb: pitchers may be more likely to perform poorly when pitching on short rest/under-rested. I can't quantify it, and it may vary from pitcher to pitcher, anecdotally speaking. Perhaps others could elaborate further on that concept.

2) Also, is the number of stars shown, a measure of _current_ energy, i.e. energy that he will have in the next game? Or is it a fixed value, representing the capability of a pitcher to play long games without getting tired too fast?

In your team's Pitching screen, the bars in the Energy/Fatigue column simply indicate how tired the pitcher is. It is not fixed and fluctuates all season. There's no season-long build-up either. It's simply a visualization of how tired the pitcher is at any given point, based on how much they've pitched in one or more games prior. If you start to notice, for example, some of your pitchers performing poorly when not at full bars, you may want to go into your Management settings and set a Fatigue Limit for that pitcher. (See the Help for more on that.)

If I have guessed correctly, that the number of stars is the current energy level of a pitcher, does the number of stars affect the pitcher's performance? Or is it only important once the number of stars drops to none?

See previous commentary. Anecdotally, I think it depends on the pitcher. But it may be an across-the-board sort of thing where any pitcher who pitches fatigued stands a higher chance of pitching poorly. If the bars drop to zero, your pitcher is dog tired and can't/shouldn't pitch until somewhat recovered.
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank a lot!

I have no idea where "the stars" came from, since if anything, they're clearly squares :-D But yes, I meant the bars.

Everything's clear now, or at least it's ten times more clear to me than it had been. Once again - thank you!

Previous Page | Show All |