Help

Forum >> Help >> Help with minors player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
CabbageWarrior12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, so I've got this guy, Harrison Field, who I drafted about a week or two ago. When I drafted him, it sent him immediately to rookie-ball. However, his SI is at 80, and he's batting a godly .411 in 73 at-bats. However, his description doesn't tell me that he needs to move up at all...

So the question is: should I keep him in rookie ball like the computer says he should, or should I move him up to at least AA? I feel like he should move up, but I don't want it to ruin his training or anything.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The general rule of thumb is leave the player at the level the AI recommends. That being said, if in your shoes, I'd entertain moving him to A ball and seeing what happens with him in the next couple of training updates. I've done that a time or two in the past with similar players, with little ill effect. However, I wouldn't make a habit of moving players up before the AI recommends it. You have a bit of an odd case here, to be honest.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Very odd, given his age. My only comparison is Tucker Sherrill, who is absolutely terrorizing rookie ball slashing .387/486/.633 with 21 dingers already, but since he's only 18, he's in Rookie ball for now, still. Your guy is 23. Weird, but hold steady for now. he might race up on you soon.

Previous Page | Show All |