Help

Forum >> Help >> Post minor training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
A few questions...1 If i play a player in the DH spot, will he acquire the same training as if he was in a regular position? If not, how is it different? 2 Just to be sure, the more At Bats a player acquires during the games, the training will be more...efficient/effective? Being in League 6, i guess i should be playing my 24 to 28 year olds with the highest skill index and who hasn't topped out in their training...as compared to older, better players who won't be around in a few years? Thank you.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’ll defer to more experienced owners on the DH/AB questions, but I can tackle the last one. It’s a tricky balance, really. On the one hand, getting training for your younger players does need to be a priority — and that holds true regardless of your league level — but there are always other factors to keep in mind. Are you in a race to promote? If so, you may need to give your maxed-out players playing time to stay on top. Same thing applies for races to not relegate. If you’re not in any sort of race — comfortably in first, too far out of first, comfortably in fourth, or too far out of fourth — then by all means, load up the lineup with the kids and get them in shape to take over for the veterans. Just be mindful of putting so much youth in the lineup that they can’t hold onto your spot in the standings.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
To gain position experience in a given position a player must play that position in the field. However all other skills raise purely off number of ABs. So for instance, if you play a young 2b at DH, he will gain Fielding, but not position experience.

Previous Page | Show All |