Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor Leagues assistance.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 It’s been a while since I’ve had an unbiased set of eyes go over my farm system, and I think I’ve gotten to the point where I could probably use it.

https://brokenbat.org/minors/211
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What is the end goal? Not trying to criticize your post, but what should we be looking for? The first thing I noticed is you have a ton of very young pitching on your major league roster, plus more almost ready to come up. That is an ideal situation as you can afford to cut guys who are under-performing without even looking at what is on the market. If you are looking at potential cuts, then Guajardo jumps out as he is a clone of Acuna and although Acuna's current skills are lower, Acuna's numbers across the board are better. Might want to wait on them to come up to the majors to make the final determination of who to cut, as minors performance doesn't always translate perfectly.

Where do you have Andre Andre training? It looks like SS, but he has a much better 3B build, with only 13 range. Do you just have a lack of middle infield range talent?

No real superstars, but a nice solid roster from what I'm seeing. It reminds me a lot of Phillieworld's roster back in the 2020s a good solid team, that may need one superstar piece to really be able to climb the ladder. Of course landing said piece is a whole lot easier said than done.

Edit: Lee looks like he should be your superstar at the major league level, the problem is he is underperforming for his skill set at LL VI and V. His numbers are very good, but they should have been better last season in LL V if he was going to carry you. For example his numbers in LL V were similar to Thomason's on my roster when he was facing Legends' pitching. No offense, but I don't think the pitching he was facing was of the same quality.

Updated Tuesday, May 22 2018 @ 9:31:02 am PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 “What is the end goal? Not trying to criticize your post, but what should we be looking for?”

No offense taken at all, totally a fair question. I probably should have waited a few hours to ask instead of trying to type it up while being rushed out the door this morning. That’s on me. You got the basic gist of it, though. Who looks better, who looks redundant, who might wind up not being worth it, et cetera. Also possibly worth mentioning is that I’m less about power and more about contact and the running game.

To answer a few points and questions:

I’ve spent a lot of time scouring the market for discarded pitchers who could have some upside to them when they grow up, mainly because I almost never have more than two on my draft board (and those usually have bad control comments). Guajardo versus Acuna is more or less waiting to see who does better in the Majors, yeah. My money’s on Acuna, too, but I won’t deny being fascinated by Guajardo and his two-pitch repertoire with the fastball listed second, which could hint at a particularly fugly CoS once he matures.

Andre is training at 3B, but I wanted to get him trained up for SS in case of emergency; it should be less of an issue since I have Sachs in the wings, now.

Lee had a bad year (by his standards) last season, there’s no question about that. It doesn’t help that he tends to start excruciatingly cold. Last season was just worse than usual; he didn’t get his first POTG until the All Star Game.

Updated Tuesday, May 22 2018 @ 10:54:19 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |