Help

Forum >> Help >> Newbie - Repertoire order   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Does the order in pitch repertoire make difference of the usage of the certain pitch?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope. The types of pitches are purely for flavor.
motko

IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
are you serious ? but the matches are simulated pitch By pitch. One who doesnt have slider wont throw slider, right?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe the matches are simulated AB by AB not pitch by pitch.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The game is played out pitch by pitch. You can see what they throw if you watch the games. However, I'm 98% sure Steve said the pitches thrown don't make any difference. It's merely to make it seem more realistic and add some color to the game.

In other words, while the game presents the sim pitch by pitch, I think the outcomes are determined without regard to pitch selection.
motko

IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
how come, pitchers' pitch repertoire affeect the ground ball-fly ball -ratio? does it?
in brokenbat, does curveball tende to end up being groundball more than flyball?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I doubt there's cause and effect there. I think Steve would probably list pitch breakdowns in the game summary if they meant anything. All you can do is look at the GB/FB ratio and go from there.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 The only things I’ve noticed about the repertoire order are that fastball is almost always listed first and that it seems to go by pitch quality after that. For example, if you have a pitcher whose scouting report says he may have a major league slider but his repertoire has forkball listed before his slider, it’s usually a good indication that he’ll wind up with better change of speed than movement. As for pitch usage in game situations, Mike’s probably got it right.

Previous Page | Show All |