Help

Forum >> Help >> Sorting through backup outfielders   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I found several good options on waivers this year for the role of backup OF and thought this would be a good opportunity to replace 31yo Tucker, who had served that role in the past.

I found two solid options:

http://brokenbat.org/player/128725
http://brokenbat.org/player/137062
Pinto seems the better option to me. Three years younger is a plus. He’s nice and rangey. But sadly he has a noodle arm. They both failed miserably in their previous stints in the majors. But Pinto has room to develop, and would be much more likely to play, being a right-hander, since my CF sometimes struggles against lefties. But he only has 11 hitting and lacks a hitting comment, whereas Zepeda has 15 hitting and the very good hitting comment.

But I can’t bring myself to pull the trigger. Who should it be? Pinto or Zepeda?

Updated Monday, March 5 2018 @ 1:49:42 pm PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Pinto
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
I will probably regret giving up pinto
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you think the OF will primarily play against lefties, Pinto. Otherwise I'd go with Zepeda. They both could gain a few points still. Zepeda needs playing time this season to get them, though.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, Zepeda is heading to the waiver wire!

What really swayed me on going with Pinto was remembering that I have Jolly down in the minors, wanting a promotion already. I don't need a third lefty OF bad on the major league squad, so Zepeda had to go, so that Jolly and Sheppard were the only lefties.

Updated Monday, March 5 2018 @ 3:20:44 pm PST
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
He was hitting.242 with 35 stolen bases before the crash
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, we're about to see some Pinto action. Ricardo Madrid is out for the next three cup games.

Pinto already did well in one game off the bench, going 3 for 4 in relief of Russ Wyatt.

amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Would have been Zepeda for me over Pinto. A 15 hitter with 16 Range and a 19 Arm for a backup OF? I'd take that any day (if I needed it). Don't see the attraction in Pinto.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The attraction for Pinto for me was mainly age. He still has a chance to develop into a starter, and all three of my outfielders are getting up there in age. Zepeda is a lifelong backup.

Previous Page | Show All |