Help

Forum >> Help >> Bringing up to Majors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got 3 players that I'm uncertain whether or not to bring up to the majors. Two 26 yr olds and a 25 yr old. They have the little green arrow pointing up, but I thought that maybe-and here is where I'm uncertain- they still need some more time. One of them I got via free agency...I also thought I read somewhere in the forum that it could be a decent idea to acquire guys of similar age and see if I can squeeze a few more skill points out of them, though i'm not sure whether to play them in the majors or minors? Any thoughts? Thank you!
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Majors...all three.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. They're all close enough to the low end of their estimated SI range that they can come up and gain the rest in the majors.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have the same question, but my guys with the green arrow are 21-22 years old. They are my best prospects, yet will be blocked by my best regulars for any real playing time. They are still a ways from their ultimate SI. What should I do?

Updated Monday, February 26 2018 @ 2:57:41 pm PST

Updated Monday, February 26 2018 @ 2:58:17 pm PST
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Again..majors!

IMO if the player is a future star and has the rec. he should be in the majors and playing...Impellizzeri could be a monster...make room.

If a player will not be playing at all then leave him in the minors.

A 22 year old pitcher with the rec should be up and pitching but it likely won't hurt him to stay in the minors an extra year.
I have no idea where this trend came from to leave guys down longer to squeeze an extra point, but I 100% disagree with it in 99% of cases lol.

P.S You guys will get more help if you link to (or at least name) the players next time smh :-)

boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@michaeltodd2

I assume that the three players in question are:
Elliott Oppenheimer, Jody Shapiro and Rasheed Bull.

Well, it turned out that Oppenheimer and Shapiro are both previously on my team, so I can give you a few pieces of information.

Oppenheimer got his recommendation for Majors in his age 24 season, so there is definitely nothing to be gained leaving him in AAA. I tried to get him some innings last season when we were out of the race. Most of his starts had infinite hook and high pitch count that result in the ugly stats. I think he can be a serviceable #4 or #5 starter at our league level, but I have too many of those, and that is why I gave up on him.

I think Shapiro can still gain a few points from AAA, but at his age, it's probably best to find out if he can hit in the Majors. Otherwise, there is really no point in investing in him. I gave up on him because I can still use my current first baseman for a couple more seasons, and by then, I should have others ready to take over.

Hope that they work out for you!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its always hard to judge players after the super training bug, but normally I would try to get at least 1.5 years for guys in AAA. I think Bull and Shapiro could benefit from another half season in AAA. Oppenheimer should definitely be up in the majors.

I'd also be fine leaving Higgins and Tisdale in AAA for another half season.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks gang...I seriously appreciate it!

Previous Page | Show All |