Help

Forum >> Help >> Young Pitcher   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/130978

I just took over this team, couple weeks ago picked up this guy along with a bunch of other young pitchers, I knew he was recommended for AAA but decided to go with him in the majors since he is turning 25 next year. All of the other young pitchers have really taken off for us so far but he has really faltered. What should I do with him.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Be patient, you are in Lvl VI, and your team is young, and some of them have potential but are not what you need to raise for the next level, you need more fire in the pitching side, that is your weak point, several POT 10 and POT 12, when you should have the lower pot is 12 in order to compete, several of our pitchers are lacking of 'Control', hence why you have more BBs than Ks. Your team has almost double (or more) allowed run than your offensive.

So my advice, start building your team, I saw you got ride of several players. Start searching the FA and the Waiver wire for next season, and watch your finances, in that level anything can harm the harmony.

You have three routes, first got whatever you can in the FA and Waivers, the second rely in the draft only, or a mix of both, but whatever you do with your actual team you are not going to rise until you change at least your pitching and get much better pitchers.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@jreynoldson, you really should leave that guy down in AAA for at least another full season. Ignore the suggestion for promotion at 25, as he won't be ready. Look instead at his minor league career noting that he has spent 2 and a half seasons at each level, and then you only gave him half a season at AAA. If you leave him up, it looks like he won't reach his potential, but he might if you send him back down.

For future reference, bringing guys up just because they are 24 will do what you are seeing here more than 50% of the time when it still says they aren't ready.

Previous Page | Show All |