Help

Forum >> Help >> Moving Forward - Advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
So, I am in VI this year and likely going to win the division and move up to V. This year, in VI, several of my old vets are having a great season (Robles, Fuentes, Glenn) but I had always planned to put them in the HOF and move on after this year, once they turn 35.

Moving forward, do I put my younger guys in their spots next year in V, knowing we are going to be clobbered and maybe sent back to VI, or keep the veterans in until they start to play terribly?

I am under no illusions I am heading to Legends anytime this decade, but want to be competative and move toward IV at some point, while not losing money because the team is terrible and nobody comes to the games in V.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Without getting too lengthy, it looks like Ramos (in AAA) will be ready soon to take over for your 34-year-old Fuentes in left field. However, I'm worried about your long-term plan at third base. Your 34-year-old Glenn would probably hold you over for one more season, but as you rise in the ranks, defense becomes as important as offense. Bluntly honest, Beaumont doesn't look like your long-term solution at third. Pieters is a candidate in the short-term, but realize he's probably not going to have the same offensive success in LL5 that he had this season. Actually, Ramos wouldn't have been a half-bad option at third, but seems you have him pegged for the outfield.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, if you're drafting for position in the future, here's a decent thread.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My short answer would be to do neither. At least not blindly.

Try to be competitive in V while using key younger players. If you've got a veteran who can play/contribute, and he's not getting in the way of a young player that can keep you at V or carry you to IV, then keep using him, especially if his price is reasonable.
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Echo of Tiger.
I was pretty hot with some 30+ guys in the lineups in 2032 and moved up to LVL V in 2033.

I cut some of "older" prior to 2033 and lead the div for quite a while. 2033 midseason dropped more "older " and brought in younger in house guys and FA/ low claim Waivers.

Team wet dead COLD for the end of 2033 but I slipped into LVL IV (by half game) for current 2034 season.

My guys can't get a hit at LVL IV nor can my pitchers get outs...
What worked well at LVL VI worked so-so at LVL V. At LVL IV it's a disaster.

At this point I've seen "older" players kick my butt.
Now I've gone into Spring Training mode and trying to get guys who've "learned all they can at AAA" some time in the Bigs. Some don't cut it but I've made some progress.

My hope is I can compete back at LVL V next season.

So to echo, don't judge just on age.

Point 2 - performance at LVL VI and LVL V sometimes doesn't transfer to LVL IV.

Hope this helps.

Updated Saturday, December 9 2017 @ 8:27:18 am PST

Updated Saturday, December 9 2017 @ 8:28:17 am PST

Updated Saturday, December 9 2017 @ 8:39:48 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |