Help

Forum >> Help >> Cutting Costs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So i just inherited this team and have done some stuff with it but am still in debt. just looking for some suggestions to get them some profit
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Your payroll is massively low, which is excellent. You don’t have to worry about doing anything to your roster to reduce payroll or increase profitability. And you don’t have any really old or overpaid players. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Learn your roster, get a feel for who you want to keep around to grow your team and who you don’t plan on keeping. Work the waivers in the offseason and build up your system. Keep your fingers crossed for next seasons draft.

In the off-season, consider dropping your stadium seating by a couple thousand to reduce cost, and consider tweaking your fences and field based on what your team might look like.

You’ll be making money hand over fist next season with your current financial situation.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like you have already implemented enough cost cutting measures to me. With that payroll, plus your reduced size stadium, you should be set. You may not turn a profit this season due to us being at the 8th update, but as wickersty said, you should turn a profit next season, and may even cut into your deficit this season if you have many home games left.
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
I could give you a loan...I am at over $53 million to the good but nothing to spend it on.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@dlwarren1 - You'll need that bank when you promote to higher levels. Players start demanding more and you have to pay high franchise fees. 13.5 million per year at level II. Even higher (I forget exactly how much) at Legends.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess you learn something new here all the time. I had no idea that there were franchising fees through the higher league levels. That seems like a big deal that I'll have to plan for in addition to my player salaries as I (hopefully) promote through the seasons.

Jeff
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

and you have to pay high franchise fees. 13.5 million per year at level II. Even higher (I forget exactly how much) at Legends.

18.5 million in Legends.

It is virtually impossible to turn a profit in Legends without doing a complete re-build, or having a small enough bank account to not pay taxes. By the time you make it to Legends finances are very low on your priority list for most owners though.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I've made money every season in Legends except my first. Of course, I haven't won anything either :)
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
I see some owners spending $ and having nothing in their Minors while in VI. Probably not a good idea.

Previous Page | Show All |