Help

Forum >> Help >> Weeding my pitchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I find myself fighting for the league lead right now, so want to stay competitive but I need to make some room for guys from my minors:
Callaway needs to come up ASAP
Gordon was originally called up 2 seasons ago when recommended, but last season I thought he needed more AAA innings and I didn't have much room for him in the Majors. Its time to probably bring him up for good, either on my team or another.
Arce is recommended, likely due to Mega Training, but I dont think he is ready. Likely a September call-up.
Tommy Gun -I'd like to give him another chance to start when I move Carranza to the pen.

So I need to cut or send down to AAA 2-3 pitchers.
My thoughts are:
30yr off season waver claim Keating who is not performing.
14 POT 1st rounder-bust Pagliarulo.
or Fish -He has been productive the last 4 seasons for me, and his SI has had an interesting jump UP after initially dropping to start this year... but HR rate is rather high.

$ is of no concern. Winning now and sustaining is. Before I make my cuts, what do you guys think?

Updated Sunday, November 12 2017 @ 9:30:50 pm PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I can’t believe I’m saying this but yeah I’d cut that 25y POT14. He’s got an ugly build and I’m not surprised he’s struggling like he is. I’d also cut Keating too, but I’d hold onto fish. He’s my kind of lower end pitcher and I’d bet he has a better streak this season.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also I agree about Arce. I wouldn’t call him up either.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok so if i cut Keating and Pagliarulo, i still will need to find someone else to cut or demote to make room for Callaway, Tommy Gun, and Gordon.... or do I cut Gordon as well ( boy I'd hate to giv up on him.)

Previous Page | Show All |