Help

Forum >> Help >> Would you mind double-checking my Prospect Projection?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks to you friendly folks, I'm learning more and more about how to project what a prospect's ratings might turn into. Would anyone mind double-checking this projection? It's the first time I've taken a prospect and copy/pasted all his ratings and scouting reports etc into Notepad and really sat there and worked on what I think his ratings project as.

I'm really curious to see if you veterans think I've done this wrong or not. Many thanks!

Mauricio Molina
Scouting Report: He can develop into a prolific slugger. He can be outstanding in the field. He has very good overall potential

Notes:
Potential 13: 104-111 SI
No Hitting: 7-13
Prolific Slugger: 17-20
Outstanding Fielding: 15-17

Current Ratings:
Code:
Hitting: 6 Fielding: 7 Bat Control: 9 Range: 7 Plate Discipline: 7 Arm: 8 Power: 7 Skill Index: 59 Speed: 8 Potential: 13

Worst-case Projected Ratings:
Code:
Hitting: 12 Fielding: 16 Bat Control: 18 Range: 7 Plate Discipline: 17 Arm: 8 Power: 18 Skill Index: 104 Speed: 8 Potential: 13

Best-case Projected Ratings:
Code:
Hitting: 13 Fielding: 17 Bat Control: 20 Range: 7 Plate Discipline: 18 Arm: 8 Power: 20 Skill Index: 111 Speed: 8 Potential: 13

Updated Thursday, November 9 2017 @ 8:38:09 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its hard to really predict a guy until he has some development track record. Once you see his growth pattern, you can start to judge his projections.

For instance, worst case he could end up with 7 Hitting (not 12). He probably won't end up that low, but it is possible, and pretty hard to tell without some development track record to project off of.

Your projections are as good as anyone can do at this point, just be aware that there is going to be a lot of uncertainty with so little data to work off of.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, sometimes guys break their scouting reports, but that is pretty hard to account for in a projection. If you see that he is growing just as quickly in Hitting as he is in other attributes, it could be a indication that his Hitting potential is better than was scouted. Sleepers like that don't happen frequently, so its safer to assume it won't happen when you are trying to project.

Sam Judge is a good example of this. When I noticed how strong his Movement development was at an early age, I suspected he was going to break is Movement scouting report. Of course given his stats he may just be overrated by the management staff, LOL.

Updated Thursday, November 9 2017 @ 11:30:06 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Interestingly, I've got two players at 19 SI for hitting that are scouted as Very Good Hitting, not Great Hitting.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I have a 10 fielding “poor fielder” (who was at 9 when I drafted him), a 19 fielding “outstanding” (instead of “amazing”), and just recently cut a no hitting report guy who topped out at 15. Makes me kinda wonder if I’m just oddly lucky or if misscouted players are more common than it seems. I do have to agree with the consensus, though: Don’t count on it happening.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think players can be both mis-scouted, as well as mis-evaluated. Remember attributes can be off by as much as 20% (mis-evaluated). So some of those guys who appear to be busting their caps could just be mis-evaluated. Now we have seen some guys bust their cap by 4-5 points. Those guys were definitely mis-scouted.

Previous Page | Show All |