Broken Bat Baseball
No skin off my back. Here you go:

T59zx89.png

Updated Monday, November 20 2017 @ 4:14:41 pm PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I am not a veteran or expert, so I may very well be wrong about anything I say on here.

But:

1) Your SP5 with a Hook of 3 doesn't do anything because SP have a min hook of 5, min pitch count of 75

2) I am only guessing/grasping at straws, but could it be that because Casey is the only other RP configured to come in at 6th inning but his fatigue levels are a little low (and presumably were even lower at the start of this game)? Your other RPs are alll configured to come in at inning 3... and are also even more fatigued than Casey.

It MIGHT be that the game engine saw your 3rd inning RPs as inappropriate to come in b/c their first inning number was way back at 3 (and they were a bit tired), and the only other pitcher set to come in at 6 was Casey, who was lightly fatigued... so the engine decided to hang on with Paez in the game despite his LOOGY setting.

It's the only reasoning I can come up with. Obviously, I don't agree with those engine decisions, but it's the only explanation I can give. The other problem is we don't really know what the triangle defaults are for the Min RD and Max RDs for the various RP roles...

This kind of thing is EXACTLY the reason why I spent a great deal of time in the preseason coming up with a very strict, very specific management settings for all of my pitchers. So far it's been working very well, although I made a couple mistakes changing things and caused some pitchers to stay in the game WAY too long... but for the most part, I've been enjoying very tight control over when people come in and how long they stay in.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Fatigue Limit and Pitch Count effect entirely different things. Fatigue Limit will determine whether or not the guy is eligible to be picked by the AI manager to play in the game. Pitch Count effects how long the AI manager will leave him in the game.

The fatigue for each pitcher is actually shown in the box scores, so you don't need a screen shot, the box scores are a more accurate picture of fatigue.

Looking at the box scores, all of your pitchers were at least moderately fatigued. Yates can't come in until the 8th inning. Since the AI didn't have any other options, it left Paez in until Yates could come in for the save.

If you want guys to come in on moderate rest you will need to reduce the Fatigue Limit a bit.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@wickersty:

Re: 1. - I moved Barrett to SP5 from LR two days ago and totally forgot to look at settings. That's why you see the three there. :(

Re: 2. - I think you're on-board the Rock philosophy.

@Rock777:

Like I said previously, this is where I have the most difficulty with the game, figuring out how to set these pitcher settings. You said "you will need to reduce the Fatigue Limit a bit." I'm having trouble, for some reason, translating this into what to do. I understand your line of thinking, but what drop boxes do I need to change and what do I change to meet that goal you suggested? (I'm a dunce in regards to this particular game feature.) Do I change it to "-" for Casey, Yates, etc.?

Updated Monday, November 20 2017 @ 5:40:49 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Set the Fatigue Limit to "+" if you want them to pitch with more fatigue. If they still aren't coming in often enough for you do "++". Just be aware that a pitcher won't perform as well if they come into the game with fatigue. Its better to put the pluses on guys who aren't as important (SS, LR, MR) or an ace who will perform well regardless.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you!
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also Raven, you only have 6 bullpen arms. You are going to have guys run out of steam if your starters aren't going deep. Most MLB teams have 7 or 8 bull pen guys.
I'd add another pitcher. Even if it is a random cheap project guy like this to place as a LR to give some extra innings when the other pen arms are spent.

timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, any help on this much appreciated. Seem to not be understanding exactly how pitching hook works. Have hook of ten on my starter in this game. He pitches through six innings, giving up seven base runners and one run. From my understanding, you add those together and he's at eight, close to his hook. Nevertheless, he is left in through the entirety of the seventh inning, in which he gives up five base runners and four runs.

I had plenty of middle relievers and setup guys available to come in early in that seventh inning.

Thanks.

http://brokenbat.org/game/3731968
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its current base runners. A 10 hook is very high, probably not what you are intending.

Just to give an example, if you have a hook of 7:

Pitcher is pulled after giving up 4 earned runs (2 * Earned Runs > Hook)

Or 7 runs (earned or not) and 1 runner currently on base (Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook)

Or 6 runs (earned or not) and 2 runner currently on base (Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook)

Or 5 runs (earned or not) and 3 runner currently on base (Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook)

timothy

West Fargo Turtles
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Awesome, thanks very much.

Previous Page | Show All |