Help

Forum >> Help >> Training Focus   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does changing the training focus actually impact development long-term?

I have not seen much talk about primary and secondary training focus, and all the manual says, if memory serves me correctly, is that owners may select training focuses.

I know that the scouting report predicts a pretty decent range for each offensive and pitching skill, but how much does training focus impact that range?

For example, say we have an offensive skill at hitting and power to be maxed out at 16 for both according to scouting report. If I kerp focuses on hitting and power indefinitely, is it enough to bump that guy to 17 on each skill?

Thanks for the feedback!

Tex
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The way I understand training focus is as a slight bonus that may get applied in training updates. I've set mine for PD and Movement. I presume all that does is apply a slight bit of extra weight to the training formula for those stats.

In other words, its effect shouldn't be overestimated. Don't overthink it too much.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
It won't increase a player's natural ability, so, no, it won't bump a 16 to a 17. Instead, player just learn that skill a bit faster. The downside is that if you don't set a focus, the bonus gets split among all the skills.

I don't set a training focus, because getting the general bonus makes more sense to me. Players have different ability distributions, and I don't think faster learning for one particular skill to the (very minor) exclusion of others makes sense.

Previous Page | Show All |