Help

Forum >> Help >> Manager Retirement   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball

Age: indicates how old a manager is. Managers can generally keep working until they are between 65 and 70 years old.

The above is the only information I can find on the subject in the manual.

My manager is 66 years old, but has positive grades in the skills I care most about.

I assume that he won't retire in the middle of the season...but how worried should I be about the next offseason?

I scanned the available managers and the pickings look pretty slim, so I am not looking forward to losing him...

Updated Tuesday, October 24 2017 @ 1:47:39 pm PDT
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thought I'd read a while back that managers over a certain age just become less effective. And don't just spontaneously retire.

Mine was 39 when I hired him, so salary increases will make me get rid of him long before age I'd imagine.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Manager Denny Johns is 75 years old. He has an interesting scouting report that you may check. Age discrimination in some states is prohibited for folks 40 years old and up. Denver is considering replacing Johns due to performance because he has finished 2nd in the league for three years in a row.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Aww man! I just realized mine is 68yr old. Maybe I need to start looking for a new one in the next season or two. ARRRG
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball

Thought I'd read a while back that managers over a certain age just become less effective. And don't just spontaneously retire.

I have not read/heard this before. Does anyone know if this is true?
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wish I could find the thread (can't), but take a look at the scouting report for Denny Johns (75) mentioned above. The last sentence says, "He is getting to the age where his ability to manage is limited." http://brokenbat.org/manager/1388

@Ced - did Denny Johns have a visible drop in skills, or is it just an invisible penalty? Kind of curious now.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
We've been watching at Denver, and no drop in numbers, but let's see if anything happens after tomorrow's training update.

The scouting comment occurred when he turned age 75.

I may hire someone new tomorrow based on this situation.

We're preparing a severance package and some of the players are chipping in for an electric golf cart.

Updated Thursday, October 26 2017 @ 3:58:00 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Skill drops happen at training update #0, I don't see why that would be different for managers. He will probably stay the same until next season flip.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
As the manager skills can be (and are) revealed every week, I thought they could degrade every week...something that doesn't make much sense.

Previous Page | Show All |