Help

Forum >> Help >> Help/Remarks on my roster/minors.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Trebbie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Been here for a few season now. Took over a team that was pretty good on major league level but the minors were absolutely gutted.

I'm finally getting to where I think I can start to build up my team and compete year in and year out. I still need work on pitching clearly but have been trying to build that up thru waivers and draft.

Anyway, with what I currently have. Looking for thoughts advice to help me continue to build my team up.

I'm still a few years away but figured some outside thoughts/advice could help.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Walt Gregori — Not really a fan. Not a great fit for anywhere in the field, or consistent enough for DH. In my organization, he’d’ve been a C&R.

Chris Ferrari — Probably a backup catcher or 3B at best. Too little range for much else, and neither his hitting or defense are going to set the world on fire. I’d definitely look for better.

Ken Schmidt — Great speed, range, and fielding potential, but lousy hitting. Pinch runner or late-inning defensive replacement (or backup) at 2B or OF, but a very good choice for such.

Horacío Andújar — Ken Schmidt (Mk. II).

Alexander Kyle — Now we’re talkin’. If this kid grows decently, he’s going to be brutal on the mound.

Chuck Ross — Good looking bullpen guy.

Adrian Hidalgo — Very heavy on defense. May wind up as your LHS when he comes up.

Ernesto Gonzalez — This is the guy you’re waiting for. He may be 26 before he comes up, but he’ll be worth the wait. Great guy to put at 2B.

Rafael Torres — Inconsistent power-hitting outfielder. I’m not sold on him.

Eli Gresham — He looks like Horacío Andújar all over again, but could wind up with a more reliable bat and fewer swiped bags. I’d personally pick one and cut the other.

Raúl Báez — If you don’t mind a bit of a rag-arm, this guy could handle CF nicely.

Kelvin Cramer — RF or, in a pinch, SS. Consistent bat. Solid fellow, overall. I like him.

Lázaro Munoz — Great contact, great power, puts the ball in the air, and wheels? You’ve got your LF for the foreseeable future right here. (Shame he doesn’t steal, though.)

Lorenzo Mejias — Decent looking bullpen arm.

Josué Godinez — Prototypical catcher build, looks solid. Now if only he wasn’t a 23-year-old in A-ball or a high-GB/FB hitter…

Luis Ruiz — Backup outfielder or pinch runner. I wouldn’t trust his bat for everyday play.

Mario Hernández — A bit light on arm for a 3B, but it’s where I’d use him for a backup. Not keen on the bat.

Nick Miller — Not a bad option for a middle infielder, if a little light on fielding and arm for SS. I’d be on the lookout for better, but I wouldn’t panic if I didn’t find it, either.

Carlos Ramos — Should be a pretty good outfielder.

Derek Craig — Less offense than Nick Miller but better defense. If you don’t mind a hole at the bottom of the lineup, he could be the better choice at SS.

Overall impressions: You have a lot of iffy contact at the plate at the minor league level and definitely need to look into getting some more pitching. Power or defense shouldn’t be a problem, and you have decent speed down there, besides.

Also, it should be noted that I am heavily biased toward conctact hitters; the average hitting score on my Major League roster is about 15.3 or so. Your mileage, as always, may vary.

Previous Page | Show All |