Help

Forum >> Help >> Training question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Jeong, my backup 1st baseman, just gained 2 points of SI in this week's training update. He's near his cap, and I haven't given him playing time in at least one real-life month, if not more. So how was it he was able to get those points?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
You get a small amount of training (of the minor league variety) in the majors. Even on the bench. Once he gets all the training available to him, he'll only improve with experience which you can get in ST, Cup or League games.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That seems to imply that a player who is, say, 26 and missing some minor league development time, could just as well be served sitting on the major league bench in 2034 while gaining that remaining minor league SI as he would be in AAA during 2034. Example: I have no intention of giving major league starting roles to either of the following players, but am keeping them out of hope that they will improve in 2034. Are you saying that placing them on the major league bench for 2034 is just as good as keeping them at AAA for 2034?

http://brokenbat.org/player/136468
http://brokenbat.org/player/140209

Thanks

Jeff

Updated Friday, October 6 2017 @ 10:40:56 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Notice I said "small amount". I doubt Steve's given us the exact ratio compared to having the same player at their proper minor league level. I'd consider it a trickle charge compared to the full charge he'd get in the minors. It also likely accounts for those guys who pop a random point at 28. They've been trickle-charging for five or six seasons.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
From the manual:

Training: is primarily gained in the minor leagues and is especially effective for younger players. Even in the majors, the some training is gained. Players will get training in all categories, but a team can select a primary and second training focus for its players. These categories will receive additional training during the training cycle.

Note: training occurs weekly on Friday morning (Pacific Time).

Experience: is gained while playing in the majors and to a limited extent in the minor leagues (ie. Playing in spring training games). There are several ways in which experience is gained: with each at bat for hitters, with each batter faced for pitchers and with each inning played in the field for positional defense purposes.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks H
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I seem to remember Steve talking about this in more detail. If he did, maybe somebody saved the link to the thread.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, there is this and I remember there being another thread Steve talked on the subject, but I don't have it bookmarked unfortunately. :(

Previous Page | Show All |