Help

Forum >> Help >> 6-man rotation benefits   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
What are the benefits to a six man rotation? Do pitchers tend to pitch better on more rest, even if they would recover all stamina on the fifth day anyway? I only ask because barring a steep drop off for any of my starters (the oldest is 30), I could be looking at a six man rotation when top prospect Roque (95 SI, 14 POT) makes his debut next season. Plus Cordero (I can't link on this device right now, sorry) has been solid in long relief and spot starts, and could end up in the rotation, especially if I cut someone for salary relief.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've used 6 man rotations for most of the last 2+ seasons. I went to it initially as a way of getting more innings for a rookie pitcher, but also found it reduced my rate of injuries, especially during inter league play. I've gone from 1-2 35 day injuries per season to none - small sample size so far admittedly.

I also use it as a way of juggling pitcher match ups, if a guy mashes lefties then I try to get all my RHP's in there against him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It can be very useful in spring training when you have a lot of back to back games with double headers.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's pretty much a must for spring!

If you have the depth in league play or young guys to get in, I'm sure it's useful. It's a luxury some of us can't afford. For my team as soon as we switch to a 5 man (for inter div play) from a 4 man then we are simply not as good a team. A little short in pitching depth!

Previous Page | Show All |