Help

Forum >> Help >> Wadsworth   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tabula Rasa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/149875

Hello guys,

I'm fairly new to the game and I took over the team during the previous season. My major team is in rebuilding modus and i've acquired some younger players (below 30).

My minors do have some prospects and the best one is: Wadsworth. My coaches suggest him to play AA-ball but his SI is already pretty high for a prospect (correct me if im wrong).

What do you guys suggest: Do I need to promote/demote the guy?

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Greetings,

Tabula Rasa
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat.

I'd follow the suggested levels until you've played the game for a few seasons and get a feel for how players develop. Even then, the only ones I really go against suggestions for are the ones in AAA.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed with Hasel. Make a decision next year - AAA or first team. For now keep him at recommended level. And put this guy at SS. His defence is wasted in outfield.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
To echo what the others said, always follow the recommended levels for all minor leaguers up to the age of 25. At age 25 and beyond minors are automatically recommended for the majors, no matter what level they played at previously - you have to figure out for yourself what to do with 25-yos who have never played above AA (and sometimes A-ball). Which is why you need a few seasons experience.

And Endrju is spot on. Wadsworth is a top prospect with an ideal defensive profile for SS, and those guys are hard to come by - move him immediately to SS on his "Play" position on your minor league page.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Switching him in the minors to SS as others have said is probably the right thing to do. I'd probably keep him down in AA until he's ready to move to AAA according to the game. I think he'll probably need a full AAA season once he gets the call in a week or two, so i don't think it's that important to bring him up at 25. 12-13 hitting is probably more important if you want the bat to be non-detrimental as a rookie, and since you want to get him to as close to a small ss as possible before playing him there in the majors, it'd make sense.
Tabula Rasa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the informative replies! I placed wadsworth in AA and changed his position to ss.

Previous Page | Show All |