Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league playing time   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
T40Flamelizard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can anyone help explain to me how minor league playing time is distributed? Is it based on assigned positions? Is it based on a 25 man roster even though you may only have 3 players at a given minor league level? Just wondering. Also, do all levels play the same amount of games? Can you see minor league box scores anywhere?

I know it's a lot of questions but I can't seem to find a whole lot of info about minor leagues. After the first minor league sim of the season today, I have a single A pitcher that's already made 2 starts and gone 10 2/3 innings. I also have 5 position players at AAA and only one of them has gotten any playing time (1 game played and 1-for-4). How is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The teams are randomly generated from all the players at a level (i.e. Rookie, A, AA, or AAA) across all of Broken Bat, while trying to adhere to owners' preferences for position training plus the normal combination of skills and position experience. Basically it is really a lot of RNG, and only certain stats are useful in less than VERY large sample sizes since we have no idea who was facing who considering the games are not visible.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
There are some mysteries to this aspect of the game. Newt's take is pretty much how I understand it as well.

Couple of additional observations, I had one player play in 5 games yesterday so I think it certainly makes some sense that there are about that many games simmed a day. 140 games would constitute a full minor league season for each individual player. Very few players reach that in a season but when they do they would be out of the mix.

There is some confusion about this point but I do not think minor league sim playing time affects training at all. I believe it just provides some data for owners. But that is my opinion only, take it as you wish.

One other thing, management settings. I am certain the individual players stealing setting is used in the sims. Not sure on the others and I've never even considered the pitcher management settings but that is worth looking into.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that is all random. I have a AA pitcher that has already pitched 3 games witha 1-2 record and that included 2 starts.
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, probably don't worry if a minor leaguer isn't getting much playing time?
That would be cool, but it doesn't seem to jibe with the consensus on the importance of getting prospects plenty of ABs/innings during spring training.

How about this?
I have two recent acquisitions in AAA who are still there past the recommendation because they need training at new positions. One of them got into one game. The other hasn't played.
If that trend continues and they rarely/never play, will they still train up at their new positions or do they have to actually get into games at the new positions?

Previous Page | Show All |