Help

Forum >> Help >> How bad is it playing out of position.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Tai Ding

I went Asian for the first time ever and drafted this guy this morning. Will he absolutely kill me if I put him in LF? I want his bat in the lineup but I can't play him at 2B, he's not good enough with the glove plus Quinones is my stud. Should I put him in AAA for a year and hope that he at least gets the 'of' tag or can I throw him out there and hope that he is not the BB version of Kyle Schwarber?

Updated Friday, August 4 2017 @ 7:37:52 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Considering you're thinking LF, I would suggest just throw him in there and go for it.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I dunno, I’ve seen your ballpark and I don’t know if I’d want a 12 range patrolling the outfield in The Gorge. I run a ballpark every bit as big and I’m iffy about letting a 13 range guy out there.

Frankly, if you’re considering going that route, I’d DH Ding and put Pina in left, instead — he’s definitely got the range for it. You may get a couple more errors for the slightly lower fielding, but just the extra fly balls he’ll get to in the first place ought to make up for that, and it’s not as if Pina’s less trained for the position than Ding is.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I’d DH Ding and put Pina in left, instead

I had thought about that, I did it with my LHP lineup with Fletcher but he at least has the OF tag. I want Ding to play LF full time so the more games I get him out there quicker, the better. Only other option I have with him is move him to 1B and put Pressley in LF. That would take care of the LF problem but create one at 1B. I would still be playing Ding out of position and I'm pretty safe in saying I'd rather have someone playing out of position in LF than at 1B so I think for now I'm leaning towards Tiger's advice and just throw him out there and go for it.

brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My take is this player is what he is. He is a 13 POT with 106 SI so he really isn't going to grow. I would just leave him up on your major league roster as a bench player. He is a decent bench guy but you don't need to worry about getting him at bats to develop him. He is just an average ballplayer but you need some of those too.
itsjustmath

Plymouth Pilgrims
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Throw him into the fire. It is left field and he shouldn't cause a lot of damage there.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I lost a spring training game today on an error committed by the left fielder who was subbed in on defense... mind you I have him pegged as (and training at) my 1B of the future, not my LF.

Updated Saturday, August 5 2017 @ 9:26:50 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |