Help

Forum >> Help >> Ballpark Modifications   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One of the things i'v never understood about this game is the modifications of the ballpark and how to do it? Can anyone give me some advice on what settings I should change with my park (if any). Thanks!
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 A lot of that is going to depend on what your team is like (or, possibly, what you’re trying to make your team into). Some of it will depend on your pitching, some on your hitting, and some on your fielding, and possibly even some on your divisional opponents if you really want to get into it. There are pros and cons to any setup you go for, and you have to balance them as best you can and decide whether you’d rather play to your strengths or hide your weaknesses.

Generally speaking, this is sort of my read on ballpark setup and what they work better for:

Playing surface:

Turf: High range but low fielding infielders, high GB/FB hitting teams.
» More ground balls can get through on turf and it causes fewer errors, favoring ground ball teams and rangier infielders.
Grass: Low range but high fielding infielders, high GB/FB pitching teams.
» Grass slows the ball down more but causes more errors, favoring slick fielding over range.

Outfield walls:

Short and close: Very high GB/FB pitching teams, low range outfielders, low power hitting teams.
» Pitchers need to keep the ball on the ground.
» You need less range to cover the outfield.
» A weak hitting team is more likely to punch one out.
» Power hitters can hit more homers, but likely will hit plenty with further walls anyway.
High and close: Fairly high GB/FB pitching teams, low range outfielders, lower GB/FB hitting teams.
» Fewer fly balls will leave the yard, not needing as high a GB/FB ratio for the pitching staff.
» You need less range to cover the outfield.
» You need to put the ball in the air a lot to get over the walls.
Short and far: Mid-to-low GB/FB pitching teams, high range outfielders, either high GB/FB and high speed or very low GB/FB and high power hitting teams.
» You can get away with giving up more fly balls.
» You need more range to cover the outfield.
» Speedy ground ball hitters can run for a while on a ball in the gap or corner.
» Not even this park can hold the monster shots from really heavy hitters.
High and far: Very low GB/FB pitching teams, high range outfielders, high GB/FB hitting teams.
» Few fly balls will leave the yard, even low GB/FB power hitters will hate this park.
» You need more range to cover the outfield.

Also, if you have higher fielding in the outfield and don’t like the random weather effects, there’s always the dome option, though that does lock you into playing on turf.

Also also, if someone has more experience than I do in playing around with stadiums, feel free to either back me up or correct me.

Updated Wednesday, August 2 2017 @ 4:59:42 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |